VMware Launches Next-Gen SOC Alliance
The alliance features Splunk, IBM Security, Google Cloud’s Chronicle, Exabeam, and Sumo Logic integrations with the VMware Carbon Black Cloud
In an effort to empower modern SOC teams with the capabilities and context they need to greatly improve both their efficiency and efficacy, VMware has launched a Next-Gen SOC Alliance during Connect 2020, the company’s annual cybersecurity user and partner conference, hosted virtually this year.
The alliance features Splunk, IBM Security, Google Cloud’s Chronicle, Exabeam, and Sumo Logic integrations with the VMware Carbon Black Cloud to deliver key XDR capabilities and context into SIEM technologies that power the modern-day SOC. Equally important, the combined solutions will be able to take advantage of VMware’s Intrinsic Security framework and enable SOC teams to:
- Leverage the VMware fabric – doing away with many of agents and appliances SOCs would normally deploy for visibility, prevention, detection, and response.
- Gain far richer context about the infrastructure and applications being protected.
- Operationalise more of security with (and through) IT via Carbon Black integrations with VMware management consoles.
Other key benefits from the Next-Gen SOC Alliance include:
- Centralised security context, which enables organisations to detect, analyse and respond to data in a unified SIEM at machine speed.
- Automation and orchestration tools that combine with XDR capabilities to allow SOCs to scale and standardise their investigation and response processes.
- Actionable answers to large-scale queries and remote remediation from within Splunk, IBM Security, Google Cloud’s Chronicle, Exabeam, and Sumo Logic platforms.
“The Next-Gen SOC Alliance brings a critical mass of XDR context and capabilities to SOCs in a fully intrinsic way – one that can uniquely leverage the VMware fabric,” said Tom Barsi, Vice President of Alliances for VMware Carbon Black. “In partnership with the industry’s leading SIEM/SOAR players, we’re setting a strong vision for the modern SOC and delivering unprecedented visibility and remediation capabilities across endpoints, networks, workloads, and containers.”
“Splunk’s Security Operations Suite acts as the backbone for some of the most advanced SOCs in the world,” said Haiyan Song, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Security Markets, Splunk. “As the security industry continues to embrace data at the centre of their security strategy, it’s more important than ever to combine the power of Splunk’s industry-leading SIEM and SOAR solutions with XDR to fight back against increasingly sophisticated cyber actors. We are pleased to bring Splunk Enterprise Security and Splunk Phantom to this alliance with VMware Carbon Black and look forward to helping our mutual customers around the world solve their toughest security challenges with data.”